Wednesday, December 13, 2017
This is the next piece I created using the botanical prints from Biodiversity Heritage Library. The soft red tones of the background paper blend well with the print. There is a layer of watercolored cardstock under the flowers and I once again used the gilded vellum. I distressed the edges of the print using a Tim Holtz distressing tool and the edged it with distress inks.
Saturday, December 9, 2017
Monday, November 27, 2017
I was fortunate to come across a Facebook post this morning that showed beautiful botanical prints that have recently been published by the Biodiversity Heritage Library. The prints are from Flore d'Amerique by Etienne Dennise published in 1843. There are many prints of beautifully colored flowers and fruits. They are all available for public use. This is the first of my botanical card series, so check back for more vintage inspired designs.
Saturday, November 25, 2017
I created a couple of thank you cards at the request of a co-worker. The colors were blue and green and I found flowers for both of them. I added diecut leaves to the first card and glittered washi tape to the second card. I used Distress ink to accent the edges of both sentiments.
Wednesday, November 22, 2017
I recently completed this cute little crocheted elephant stuffed doll for my grand daughter, Lilly. This is the second animal I have made for her. The pattern is available on Etsy in the DioneDesign store.
Here are all of the parts piled up while I was working on stuffing the pieces and the poor elephant without arms or legs. The entire project took a few weeks to complete and was a lot of fun. I plan to make a giraffe next.
Saturday, November 4, 2017
I had the Silhouette Cameo machine out this weekend and I was able to cut some pretty new leaf shapes. The teal colored eggs have been glittered and go well with the sparkly card base. This one is a departure from my preferred multi-dimensional cards, but it will fit perfectly in a regular envelope.
Sunday, October 29, 2017
Halloween cards were mailed early this year. I used a new spider web cutting die along with a creepy spider for this card. I like to make dimensional pieces, but this one had to go in a regular envelope. The sequins added a little something extra and still kept the piece flat.
This was a fun sewing project for the girls. Victoria, Elizabeth and Anna all worked on this table runner. The top is flat, but the dangling witch legs are stuffed.
This beautiful piece of art was made by Victoria. She used Brushos and Colorbursts for the watercolor design. The bat and sentiment were rubber stamped. This made the perfect invitation for our Halloween party.
These fun candy corn bottles were made by Alexandra. She used three different colors of spray paint on old bottles for a cute decoration.
The last thing we made is this pennant garland made from fabric. The girls can do wonders with a sewing machine. The fabric was all from Walmart. Spooky fun!
Sunday, October 8, 2017
This pretty little card is loaded with diecuts. The pink background diecut is from a Recollections paper pad. The green flourish is something I cut with the Silhouette Cameo machine. The sentiment was layered over a piece of foam and printed using my laser jet printer. Sometimes I like to stamp, but sometimes it is nice to use the printer. The flower is from K & Co.
Wednesday, September 27, 2017
This is my latest card made for a friend. I used ledger paper because she works in accounting. I distressed the edges of everything to give it that vintage feel. The buckle is a piece I have had for a long, long time. I finally found the perfect use for it. This is exactly why I can't throw any craft supplies away. 🌝
Saturday, September 23, 2017
Today was spent making pretty jewelry with lots of creative friends. All of these necklaces feature semi-precious stones linked between tiny chain. These are nice and short, perfect for any outfit.
I was inspired to create this necklace when I saw the bat and the vintage washer. I linked crystals between vintage amber colored chandelier chain. This chain came from our family farm in Illinois.
Thursday, September 21, 2017
Sunday, September 17, 2017
Wednesday, September 13, 2017
I created this block style card by using scrap squares and rectangles. I layered them onto a beautiful piece of metallic swirled cardstock. This was a piece of cardstock that has been in my stash for at least 10 years - maybe longer. This is why I like to keep everything. You never know when you might need it. I added glittery fern leaves that I cut with my Cameo. The flower has a zipper edge which makes it challenging to use, but this color scheme and style worked well with it.
Sunday, September 10, 2017
This is my first attempt at a complete quilt. I made a crib sized quilt using pre-cut squares. It was a lot of fun to make and the fact that the corners matched perfectly every time made it a breeze. I made the binding using strips of muslin and hand-stitched it. The rest of the quilting was done on the machine. I used bright, bold colors and fun animals for my granddaughter. This quilt is now in Japan.
Sunday, August 27, 2017
Thursday, August 24, 2017
Wednesday, August 23, 2017
This rustic Autumn card was made by Alex, my daughter. The embossed background was colored with Ken Oliver Liquid Metals. The canvas buttons were inked with Distress Stains, Momento inks and Distress Crayons. The wooden leaves were edged with glittery stickles. Alex did an amazing job on this beautiful card!